Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baby (Girl) Cakes

Not much of a story for this post, other than I came. I saw. I conquered. (With some assistance)


I finally took the plunge and tried my hand at working with fondant.  And let me just say, I don't know what I was so intimidated by.  It was actually fairly easy to work with. 

Friday night, I enlisted Lucy as my worker elf and put her in the assembly line of flowers while I baked and iced.  (Yes, we spent our Friday night making cupcakes...we're two wild and crazy girls) These my friends are our beautiful creations. 


Strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  This is the same strawberry cake I used for Nelly's 1st Birthday cake, only this time I added fresh chopped strawberries instead of frozen.


And now for the real reason I wanted to play with fondant....remember I mentioned I was making the wedding cupcakes and top tier for Lucy?  Well, her theme is "succulents." And here is a (very rough) sneak peak.


Get excited.









No comments:

Post a Comment