Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Triple Threat Chocolate Cookies

As we all know (or should know), I'm not a huge chocolate fan.  In this household, I like chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips...and a little cinnamon.  So you might as well just give me a snickerdoodle.  However, I'm probably one of few people like this.  I'm pretty sure most people love chocolate.  And this cookie is for them.

Way back in February when we bought our house (!!),  a family friend, who happens to be a real-estate lawyer, looked over all of our closing documents to make sure they were all legit.  Since he's a family friend and all, he did all of this work for free, however, I intended to pay him with cookies. (Obviously)

When asked what his favorite types of desserts were, his daughter said "anything with chocolate." Thus, I made this cookie but tweaked it to be more intensely chocolate-ly.


These cookies are jam-packed with cocoa, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and 60% dark chocolate chips.  Whoa. Intense.


To be honest, after trying this dough, I thought I may have turned a new leaf and started to like chocolate.  Then I ate a snickerdoodle blondie and resumed my old ways.


Sidenote: I forgot to take pictures of these cookies before dropping them off at my parents for them to deliver to said lawyer-friend.  But, I have an amazing mother who so graciously snapped a few pictures for me and my obsessive self so I could blog about them. Thanks, mom! :) 

Triple Threat Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from RecipeGirl

1 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups AP flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (12 oz) package 60% cocoa chips (I used Ghiradelli)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Cream butter and sugars together until smooth.  Add vanilla and eggs and beat well. 
3.  In separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and mix together with whisk.
4.  Slowly incorporate into butter mixture until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
5.  Eat some dough.
6.  Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and let cool. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment